Monday, June 26, 2023

The Goonies House - February 2023

Alexander Amosa

 

   Did you grow up watching the movie "The Goonies?"  This movie was one that I watched multiple times as a kid.  It was one of those movies where my siblings and I would put in the VHS tape (yes, I'm from that era) every Saturday after the morning cartoons.  I took this picture when I was on a trip with my family.  It was my mom's birthday, and we planned a weekend getaway to Long Beach, WA.  The house is in a neighboring city, Astoria, OR.  The house is open to the public, but the previous owners were not as welcoming.  The house is perched on a hill and there is no parking.  You have to park at the bottom of the hill and walk up to the house.  There were a few people there that the day taking pictures.  

    One of the things I love to do is exploring what's around me.  It's probably because of my Navy days, but I've always tried to visit my own "backyard."  You don't need to spend crazy money to go thousands of miles to make memories.  Explore what's in your town, city, or state!

No comments:

Post a Comment

    I'm so ready for football season!! The Seahawks are playing the Whiners this year on Thanksgiving Day in Seattle!!!  I'm serious...